Marc Moncrieff is a British-trained plastic surgeon specialising in all aspects of skin cancer surgery and reconstruction, including the new techniques of sentinel lymph node biopsy and Isolated Limb Infusion for melanoma. He provides a specialist service for the diagnosis, removal and reconstruction of soft tissue tumours deep to the skin, both benign and malignant. Marc also has a major specialist interest in head and neck reconstruction and provides a specialist service in the surgical management of facial paralysis.
Marc grew up in East Anglia and trained at Guy’s Hospital in London. After his basic surgical training in Norwich he undertook a doctorate, researching innovative diagnostic technology for analysing skin cancers, particularly melanoma. He was invited to present the results of this award-winning research at several influential international conferences. His specialist plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery training was based in Cambridge, Norwich, Chester, Liverpool and Sydney, Australia.
Marc was invited to undertake two prestigious fellowships at the Sydney Melanoma Unit and the Sydney Head & Neck Cancer Institute. Both units are internationally recognised as world leaders and here Marc was trained in several state-of-the-art techniques over a two-year period. These fellowships had a profound influence on his philosophy and practice and his intention is to offer these techniques to his patients in the UK.
Marc Moncrieff is listed by the General Medical Council as a specialist: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery
Special clinical interests
- Skin cancer surgery including sentinel lymph node biopsy, isolated limb infusion & reconstruction
- Mohs’ Micrographic Surgery
- Head and neck cancer reconstruction
- Surgery for facial paralysis
- Melanoma: Diagnosis, treatment and basic science
- Head and neck cancer: Reconstruction & surgical management
Current NHS and University appointments
- Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital Foundation NHS Foundation trust
- Honorary Professor at the University of East Anglia
Year of first medical qualification
- 1995 Guy’s Hospital (London, UK)
Subsequent medical qualifications
- Doctorate in Medicine – 2001
- FRCS(Plast.) – 2006
Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Association of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- Melanoma Focus UK
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
- International Sentinel Node Society
NHS secretary: +44 1603 288127
NHS secretary email address: email@example.com
Private secretary telephone number: +44 7570792661
Private secretary email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rejuvenise Me at Global Clinic Norwich
You’ll find Marc in the South Stand during home games at Norwich City Football Club.
At weekends Marc will found sailing his boat on the beautiful Norfolk Broads at Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club